Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 4: Wii adventures

So we've now had Apprentice Farmboy (AF) staying with us for 4 days, he fly's home tomorrow, and what have we made him do? Well we've had him feeding out the cows, chopping firewood, riding the quad bike, baking muffins and generally helping out around the farm.

He's visited a real working dairy farm, been up close and personal with one of our BIG cows, had a tour of Launceston (and it's famous Cinema, we went it to see the new Rowan Atkinson, Johnny English: Reborn movie yesterday, very silly but great fun), thrashed me at many games on the Wii (he excels at the whole hand/eye coordination thing, but I've got him beat at the whole cerebral/patience stuff i.e. he beat me at bowling, basketball and dogfighting, and I shot him down in flames at archery!), all in all I'd say he's had an an enjoyable week, I know I've had fun.

AF's arch nemesis!

Farmboy, Apprentice Farmboy and I had a Wii Party tonight there was much laughter and some intense competition and no definite outright winners, at least that's the way I saw it.

Farmboy was not impressed when told if he wants breakfast in the morning he will need to be up at 7.15 as AF and I are off to the airport early in the morning. Still he is partial to McDonalds for brekkie so we'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I've upgraded my EA Sports Active to EA Sports Active 2 (not sure this was a great idea, there's lots more tummy type exercises in this one, and they are MUCH harder, mind you might be the fact that my tummy is the part of me that needs the most work ;-), I love the way it monitors your heart rate so even if you think you're dying you're not really!

Well must get off to bed early tonight (The whole farmboy thing is getting to me you know early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Well two out of three aint bad.)

Movie Quote of the Day: (from my all time favourite the classic, original Blues Brothers
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses. Jake: Hit it.
Tip of the Day:
100g of frozen strawberries blended into a Herbalife Formula One Dutch Chocolate Shake is DELICIOUS. And it's only 233 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment