Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 7 - Monday: The Wii and Me

A couple of years back I thought it would be a good idea to get fit. This was going to be the new me (again!!!). I’ve never really been one to go to the gym or join a health club, I mean seriously do you really want all those skinny minny’s out there to see all your wobbly bits and red puffing face when you try to keep up at an aerobics class, not me, no way, uh uh. So I decided to go forth and purchase a Wii and balance board, it sounded like the perfect way to lose a bit of weight, get fitter, have a bit of fun and all in the privacy of my own home. Yay the perfect solution.

I bought the Wii, I bought the balance board, I bought a copy of EA Sports Active Personal Trainer, I took on the 30 day challenge. But I didn’t change my lifestyle or eating habits so even though I completed at least 15 days of the challenge I wasn’t really in the right mental frame of mind to achieve my goal.

So this morning I got out my Wii, and balance board and Personal Trainer to start my 30 day challenge from scratch. I figure with taking my shakes and tablets regularly I’ll have the energy needed to actually achieve this time. So for 20 minutes this morning I ran, squatted, bicep curled, squat rowed, cardio boxed, in-line skated and side lunged along to the low impact version of the program. It tells me I burned off 128 calories (that's 128 more than I burned off yesterday, so that's gotta be good, right). Yes I was puffed when it was all over, but I still had plenty of energy, so I must be doing something right. Will definitely give it my best shot this time, we’ll just have to wait and see what results. But surely it can’t be a bad thing, I mean at least I’m getting some exercise, which is more than I can say for my mostly sedentary lifestyle otherwise.

Quote for the day:
"I have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people." - Ed Bluestone
Tip for the day:

Read the labels...... I can’t stress this one enough, when you go shopping, before automatically putting your favourite brand of ANYTHING in your trolley, read its nutritional label and compare it to other brands of the same product. You can save a lot of calories this way, and it might even scare you enough to choose something completely different (and hopefully healthier). It will definitely change your perception of what 1 serving size is that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment