Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 3: It's working!

Wow what a week it's been so far.

Weighed myself on Tuesday morning, the end of my second week on the Herbalife Protein Plus Starter Programme, and another 1kg is gone forever. What's even more impressive is that over the past 2 weeks I've lost 4cm from my bust,4 cm from my waist, 4 cm from my hips and 2 cm from my thighs, am I impressed? You betcha!
This is the program I'm using.


We held our AGM at work on Tuesday night, and I knew it was going to be a temptation. My contribution to the 'bring a plate' request is always a cheese platter ( I think I said before cheese is one of my major food weaknesses/cravings, mind you only the good stuff, a really strong vintage cheddar, a beautifully creamy brie or camembert and a smooth bitey blue in particular). So I had my shake for breakfast and skipped lunch (I know I'm not supposed to do that, but hey it's cheese!) So I was able to have my share of the cheese and bikkie fest and still feel like I was sticking to my calorie intake for the day. Besides cheese has milk in it right, milk is full of calcium right, therefore logically cheese is good for me, that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.
My idea of real food...mmmmmm

I have a young nephew coming over from the mainland (that's what we Tasmanians call the rest of Australia) next week. He had a choice of where to go during his holidays, New York or The Farm, and guess what he chose the Farm! To keep his identity a state secret he shall be known from now on as Cityboy.

So I've been house cleaning today (my least favourite job, seems like such a waste of time, I mean it's just gonna look exactly the same tomorrow isn't it), after my cleaning burst I took a shower and then glanced in the mirror (at my size you never really LOOK in the mirror, you just take sneaky sideways glances as you pass by ;-) ...... then took another look...... then another, hmmmmm there was something different, what was it? Oh yes I can see it now my double chin has............................gotten smaller..................a lot smaller. In fact I'm beginning to see evidence of a ......... wait for it................NECK........... for the first time in years. I think in a few more weeks I might actually take a deliberate look in the mirror.

I've also been very good with my new exercise routine and am on track with the whole Wii/Sports Active program. So this morning I've been running, sideways lunging, tennising, bicep curling, shoulder raising, volley balling etc etc etc. I'm pretty sure my stamina is picking up and I do feel a little bit of a difference in my arms. Keep this up and I may even have lean toned arms instead of wobbly flabby ones.

Nobody know what the future will bring, we'll just have to wait (or should that be weight ;-) and see!

Quote of the Day:
For the first time ever, overweight people outnumber average people in America. Doesn't that make overweight the average then? Last month you were fat, now you're average - hey, let's get a pizza!
Jay Leno

Tip of the Day:
Try not to get too focused on the whole how many kilos have I lost, it's better to take it slow and steady so that the weight you lose is more likely to stay off. After all, how many years did it take you to put it all on? The other question should always be why am I trying to lose weight, if the answer is only to look good think again, it should really be more about getting healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment