Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 9 - Wednesday: Go Go Gadget Girl!

Anyone who knows me well, will know my penchant (read addiction) for gadgets, no matter if it's a technological, handy homemakers tool, or kitcheny gadget I'm intrigued, and believe me I've bought a few over the years. From Paint sticks to Ebooks, IPods to apple peeler and corers, I've tried 'em all. Some have been the greatest thing since sliced bread (at least they have been to me), others have been a total waste of time and money. I don't suppose I'll ever get over this addiction, and truthfully I don't really want to, there's just too much fun to be had from learning how to use a shiny new gadget!

Which leads me on to appreciating just how useful, a gadget I picked up a few years ago, has been recently with my diet. Quite a while back I bought a Rocket Blender (you know the ones they advertised on late night television). When I bought mine it was well over $100, but it has served me well over the years. Since I'm now making a delicious new Herbalife Formula 1 Nutritional Shake twice a day, the Rocket blender has really come into it's own. I've been using the handy dandy Mug style blender cup, throwing in my frozen or canned fruit, adding the Formula 1 shake powder and Personalised Protein Powder, topping the lot off with 300 ml of skim milk, screwing the blending blade on the cup and voila 30 seconds of blending and breakfast or lunch is done. No muss no fuss and minimal washing up! I LOVE my rocket blender.

This is a fantastic and CHEAP gadget
I've lately seen these for sale in HomeArt for only $29.99, which makes me shudder when I think about how much it cost me! If I was still working in Corporate business I reckon I'd buy one of these for the staff room!

No quote for today (Had trouble finding anything remotely funny anybody has said about gadgets) so instead here is a definition of Chindōgu:
Chindogu is  the Japanese art of inventing ingenious everyday gadgets that, on the face of it, seem like an ideal solution to a particular problem. However, chindōgu has a distinctive feature: anyone actually attempting to use one of these inventions would find that it causes so many new problems, or such significant social embarrassment, that effectively it has no utility whatsoever. Thus, chindōgu are sometimes described as "unuseless" – that is, they cannot be regarded as 'useless' in an absolute sense, since they do actually solve a problem; however, in practical terms, they cannot positively be called "useful." (excerpted from another favourite site Wikipedia)
Check out this site for a terrific introduction to the wonderful world of Chindogu http://chindogu.com/chindogu/ or this great flash animation site: http://website.lineone.net/~sobriety/ my favourite here is the Silicon Finger Protector in the House & Garden section, I want one, where can I get one?

Tip for the day:
If you haven't already got one, get hold of a rocket style blender, you'll never regret it. (And no I don't have shares in HomeArt or Rocket Blenders).

No comments:

Post a Comment