Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 3: A Brief History of the Waist

Had a delicious Chocolate Vanilla shake for breakfast this morning (I dissolved 2 teaspoons of pure cocoa powder in some boiling water then added skim milk, 2 scoops Herbalife Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix and 1 scoop Herbalife Personalised Protein Powder, in the shaker, delicious and nutritious, and best of all, only took about 1 minute to make)  and a Peach Delight shake for lunch.

So by now you're asking yourself how did she get to this size. I mean I haven't always been a contender for  the part of 'The Blob - Returns'.

In fact when I was younger (WAAAY younger) I was thin, yes truly I was (and I've got pictures to prove it).

Baby Jayne with Dad (see not fat!)

 Then I got older...............
Still not fat!

And older..............
Still not overweight......

Then I got married...................
Boy those suits are dated!

So off we go Farmboy and I, to start a life together. Now I was doing all the cooking, I may have mentioned I LOVE food? Well that's when it all started.

Cooking portions enough to feed 3-4 instead of only just Farmboy and I. There was always someone visiting and as I love to cook I always made way more than anyone could reasonably consume. Of course everyone loved to come to our place. I mean who wouldn't, to Farmboy food is fuel so he doesn't care what's put in front of him so long as its edible. 

So the years went by, me cooking and Farmboy and friends consuming. Of course you've got to taste what you cook so I did...................... time.................. after time..................... after time. Gradually over the years my weight and waist increased.

Then we moved to Tassie and started a Tearoom and Bed & Breakfast, the perfect way to indulge my love of cooking with a career! So there were always yummy things to eat in the kitchen, and never enough time to exercise or eat regular meals (that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!).

So here I am now, as I said before very unfit, very fat and very over forty.

Hopefully there will be a new me in time, a fitter, thinner and younger looking (can't physically turn back the clock, but I'll give it a darn good try!)................ stay tuned.

Quote for the day: another favourite from the Python Team - the classic Parrot Sketch!
Mr. Praline:  "It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment