Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 4 - Friday: Where our hero meets Temptation!


Ok, I know what you’re all thinking, “Blimey, temptation on only day 4, she’s never gonna make it”, and perhaps in diets gone by that would have been true.

I had to go into Launceston today to do the dreaded weekly shopping, if you’re anything like me this is temptation plus, all those aisles with glorious goodies just waiting to be popped in the trolley for a journey to Lilydale. My greatest failings have always been the 3 C’s.... Chocolate, chips and cheese!

So first thing this morning I girded my loins (metaphorically speaking of course) by having another delicious Shake (another Peach Delight, still haven’t bought any raspberries, but I have a number of very intriguing ideas for shake recipes when I get some), took my Multivitamin and headed into town.

Guess what, I wasn’t hungry so I wasn’t tempted to put a whole heap of ‘bad for me’ items in the trolley. Stocked up on some lovely fresh vegies, fruit and bought some fantastic Tasmanian Atlantic salmon for dinner tonight, mmmmm can’t wait.

Got back from town just in time to put all the groceries away (a job I absolutely hate) have another shake (Blackberry Beauty) and off to work.

Quote for the day:
The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook. ~Andy Rooney
Tip for the day:

Buy a 1 litre drink bottle and fill it with water, drink from this throughout the day and you’ll know you’ve had at least half the water you should be drinking each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment