Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 6: Lazy Sunday Afternoons

So I woke up this morning pretty pleased with myself, I‘ve been strong all week so far, but what perils would today bring. 

Sundays have traditionally been sleep in day for Farmboy and I, and today was no exception. Didn’t get out of bed until 10 am then off to the kitchen, for our usual Sunday morning brekkie of bacon and eggs.

I’d promised myself a treat so I put the frying pan on and sizzled some bacon and eggs, toasted an English muffin and made my very own Egg & Bacon Muffin ( I did have some small sense of self preservation left, I only had 2/3 slice of crisply fried bacon and cooked the eggs in a separate pan with a quick spray of olive oil, to limit the diet damage).

After breakfast Farmboy and I had a walk around the garden, we live in a 100 year old farmhouse on 10 acres, with an acre of garden surrounding it. Spring has just started and the gardens are starting to come to life, bursting with early spring flowers, there are daffodils, snowdrops and bluebells under the trees, and masses of camellias and rhododendrons in bloom, so it is really pretty.
Spring is sprung, the grass is ris,
I wonder where the flowers is?

Spring bulbs at home.


We made plans about all the things that would need to be done in the garden in the next few weeks (well I made plans for Farmboy to complete ;-) Who knows I may even get out there and help him, provided I can avoid the bullants (I had a nasty run in with some a few years back, I wrote about it in an issue of the Lilydale Progressive if you’re interested in reading it click here).

I spent the afternoon catching up with book work on the computer and listening to my 13 year old Cocker Spaniel, Bella, snoring from her bed in the corner.
Bella as she used to be a few years ago.



All in all a relaxing day and a time to recharge the batteries.

Quote for the day:
“No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office.” - George Bernard Shaw

Tip for the day:

Make healthier decisions by switching some of your food and drink choices, instead of regular Coke choose diet Coke or (my preferred choice) Coke Zero. Pretty much the same taste without all the sugar. Use skim milk instead of full cream milk in your cooking. There’s plenty of information out there on the Internet so check out some of the healthier choices you can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment