Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 8 - Tuesday: With Baited Breathe

It's W day (weighing day), I've been on my diet for a week now so it's time to bite the bullet and step on the scales.... what will the result be. I approached the dreaded apparatus with baited breathe...... closed my eyes and stepped on the scales......

Woohoo 95 kg, I've lost 4 kg in the last week. Ok, now I'm excited, will my measurements have changed?

Yep waist size is down 4 cm on this time last week. Yay me, have to say I'm very relieved there has been some change. Not sure I'd have coped well if the scales hadn't moved.

So how do I feel after a full week on the Herbalife Protein Plus Programme? Well I have more energy that's for sure, I've lost weight, that's another plus. I feel motivated to keep going and lose more weight, and that's got to be great news for my overall health. And the best part of all, I haven't been hungry AT ALL! So I haven't been reaching for the packets of chips or half block of chocolate while watching the TV.

So onward and upward as the saying goes. I booted up the Wii and completed Day 2 of my EA Sports Active 30 day challenge. 20 minutes of running, tennis, lunges, knee crunches etc, etc, etc. Found the old leg muscles a bit sore this morning (well duh, that's what happens when you NEVER exercise), but I know that'll change the more I do.

On another note entirely (well it's still exercise related.... sort of) Farmboy asked for my help last night moving the calves into the front paddock, where there's more feed for them. Unfortunately they were in a paddock with a couple of the bigger cows, so maneuvering them past the big cows, up the lane and into the other paddock was a trial. It's really wet out there and I had to put my gumboots on.

First problem I don't put gumboots on without someone checking they have no spider type occupants! So that was Farmboys first job.

Second problem, the big cows did not want to cooperate so there we were, the two of us, chasing cows all over the paddock. What should have taken about 10 minutes turned into an epic 35 minute trial.

At times it felt like the running of the bulls in Pamplona with around 650 kg of steer charging straight at me. I may be short (around 150cm tall) but there's no way I'm going to put up with that sort of nonsense. It must have been a pretty funny sight, short, fat, middle aged woman standing her ground in the face of a snorting charging steer, waving her arms around and yelling her lungs out. Guess what, I won, the steer lost his nerve and ran away. What a wuss!

Try that again mate and your for the freezer!


Quote for the day:
If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all. ~Joey Adams
Tip for the day: What is a portion?
I just read an interesting article that said Australian eat 12 times more meat than they need.
Check out this link to see just what the Australian Government recommends: Measure Up!
Or download this Informative booklet The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
Here's a great video on 6 tips to control your portion sizes from Herbalife

No comments:

Post a Comment